Block & Leviton represents shareholders that have been defrauded into making investments. Through its securities litigation practice, the attorneys at Block & Leviton seek to recover money lost by investors due to fraud. Block & Leviton lawyers have recovered billions for investors.
Experience leading securities fraud class actions.
- In re BP plc Securities Litigation, No. 10-md-2185 (S.D. Tex.) (counsel to the Ohio Public Employees' Retirement System)
- Snap Securities Cases (Cal. Sup. Ct.) ($187.5 million total settlement; $32.8 million attributed to state case)
- In re Tezos Securities Litigation, No. 3:17-cv-06779-RS (N.D. Cal.) ($25 million settlement)
- In re Mammoth Energy Services, Inc. Securities Litigation, No. 5:19-cv-00522-J (W.D. Okla.) ($11 million settlement)
- In re Trevena Securities Litigation (E.D. Pa.) ($8.5 million settlement)
- In re Swisher Hygiene, Inc. Sec. and Deriv. Litig., No. 3:12-md-2384-GCM (W.D.N.C.) (obtained a $5.5 million settlement, or 30% of total recoverable damages, which the court called "extremely impressive")
- In re EZCORP, Inc. Securities Litigation, No. 1:15-cv-00608 (W.D. Tex.) ($4.85 million settlement)
- In re Lyft Inc. Securities Litigation, No. 4:19-cv-2690 (N.D. Cal.) (settlement pending)
Experience obtaining significant investor recoveries.
Block & Leviton's attorneys have extensive experience representing shareholders in both individual and class actions, and have obtained significant recoveries on behalf of defrauded investors, including:
- Xerox Corp. ($750 million settlement)
- Marsh & McLennan Cos. ($400 million recovery)
- Lernout & Hauspie Speech Products ($180 million recovery)
- Cisco Systems ($99 million recovery)
- Philip Services Corp. ($79.5 million recovery)
- Cardinal Health ($600 million settlement)
- Bristol Myers Squibb ($300 million recovery)
- Symbol Technologies ($103 million recovery)
- The Boeing Co. ($92.5 million settlement)
- VeriSign, Inc. ($78 million settlement)
We provide portfolio monitoring services and securities litigation counsel to a number of public institutions and private clients. Our clients range in size from over $150 billion in assets to under $10 million. Find out more.